Smoke-free condos are an emerging trend in the condominium market. In an October 2015 survey, 70% of Albertans over the age of 18 living in multi-unit housing said they would rather live in housing where smoking was not permitted indoors. In this session, learn about the LAW and going smoke-free, the DOLLARS AND CENTS of going smoke-free, and ways to develop a SMOKE-FREE POLICY in your condos. The Canadian Cancer Society will present a recently published Guidebook for Going Smoke Free in Public Multi-Unit Housing filled with information, tools and resources for the condo industry.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Learn about the law as it relates to smoke-free policies in condominiums
- Learn how a condominium board can implement a smoke-free policy
- Learn about ways to save money by implementing a smoke-free policy
- Learn about and use sections of the newly published guidebook Smoke-Free Condominiums: a guidebook on policy development available from the Canadian Cancer Society
- Hear the results from a 2015 public opinion survey in Alberta about going smoke-free in multi-unit housing
- Start to apply information and tools about smoke-free policies